Monday 7 September 2009

Listening to the night

Shadows lurk over the ledge
The light adds to the confusion of the mind
The overcast sky looms large on the moon
As if attempting a show of some kind

There is so much to learn from this moment
This that never was, this that shall never be
Yet it engulfs my very existence
It is also, strangely, everything I want it to be

No tears roll down tonight,
And I feel no pain
No, I am just lost in the course of life
No effort to sieve off anything insane

Funny how fickle life can be
A guiding spirit, a hope and a cause
Despite the animosity I did befriend it
With all its colours and it flaws

Did life befriend me, I wonder now
Would my other old friend just me go?
For neither shall exist while the other survives
Somewhere in my fickle mind, greed begins to grow…

No comments:

Post a Comment