Thursday 10 September 2009

At the Taj...

I stepped back on those very stairs
Trying to recall how it felt before
Was it very different then… holding your hand?
Did my small feet stumble or did I stand back and encore?

The pristine white and the silence and echoes
Every inch reminded me of your love
Did you also see how I danced in the rain?
Could you spot me from that far above?

I do remember running around the marble even then
Trying to pose for pictures you took
I was a princess then… and now, yes, I still feel the same
With so much affection in his each look

I remember that moment you held hands
Seated on the marble seats, you looked royal and how
I remember wanting to run to you then
I remember wanting to run to you now

Was it just the monsoon or were they her tears?
Was she really so happy to see me like that again?
Am I everything that you wanted me to be? Or less?
Did I remember you correctly? Did your memories of me also wane?

No comments:

Post a Comment